Saturday August 26th – Swannanoa, NC
Times & Varsity Opponent Have Changed!
The Crusaders travel this week to play the Asheville Saints (JV Game) & SC Titans (Varsity Game) in Swannanoa, NC at Owen Middle School. Swannanoa is very close to Black Mountain, NC. Drive time from Rock Hill is about 2 Hours. Please allow yourself enough time to travel to Swannanoa and be at the field on time.
730 Old US Hwy 70, Swannanoa, NC 28778
JV Players arrive by 1:15 PM (ready to warm up at 1:30 PM)
JV Kickoff – 2:30 PM
Varsity Players arrive by 3:15 PM (ready to warm up at 3:30 PM)
Varsity Kickoff – 4:30 PM
For all away games this season parents are required to provide transportation for their athlete to and from games. We do not have a team bus but do provide carpooling options if needed. For those parents who do not want to drive, please let a representative from the team know and we will find your child a ride to the game.
Training Camp July 10th 2017
Important Parent Information
Monday July 10th starts another season of Crusader Football with training camp. This is when football gets serious for everyone involved with the Crusaders organization. Below are the must know facts for this training camp.
- Practice is 4 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday ) 6:00-8:00 PM. We will also practice Saturday from 10-11:30 AM during training camp. Attendance is mandatory for all players. Practice can and will run later than 8:00 pm from time to time. Please email or call your head coach if your child is unable to practice.
- Pads will be distributed once your child completes 3 training camp practices. This is a PFL league rule that must be enforced. The 1st pad distribution will be Saturday July 15th.
- The players must pay their registration fee of $75 in order to receive equipment. This payment can be made at practices or online. Click Now to Pay
- The team will provide the players with the following equipment: Helmet, Shoulder Pads, Game Jersey, and Game Pants. A limited number of pad sets for pants will be available for players who need them. All team distributed equipment must be properly washed and maintained by the players. If damage occurs the parents will be required to replace the item. All parents must sign a waiver form before receiving equipment.
- The parents must provide the following equipment: Mouth Guards, practice pants, practice jersey and any additional pads or equipment you may want your child to wear such as arm sleeves, elbow pads, receiver gloves, wrist coach bands, etc). All of these items can be purchased at a discount at the online. It’s recommended that you buy practice pants with integrated pads. This would allow the player to simply put the game pants on over the practice pants and eliminate the need for removing and replacing pads.
- Football equipment Stinks really, really bad after a long day of practice. If you do not wish to wash the practice pants and jersey every night than you may want to purchase more than one of each. Have the player wash or disinfect their pads each night.
- Paper work (birth certificates, sports physical, code of conduct, etc) can be turned in on at practices during training camp. Need to know deadlines for paperwork? Visit our FAQ page on the website for more information.
- A schedule of events including practices and games can be found on our team calendar page of our website. Downloadable schedules are also available on our schedule page. All schedule dates and locations are subject to change.
- We rely on your participation in order to function. We are a parent organized, funded and run organization. Our volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you soon to schedule volunteering assignments.
If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us any time.
Carolina Wildcats Jamboree
Old Liberty High School Field, Liberty SC
400 Edgemont Avenue
Liberty, South Carolina
2017 Jamboree Schedule
4:00 Carolina Gladiators AT Carolina Wildcats
4:30 Carolina Crusaders AT Greenwood Raptors
5:00 Carolina Crusaders AT Greenwood Raptors JV Game
5:30 Carolina Gladiators AT Carolina Crusaders
6:00 Carolina Wildcats AT Greenwood Raptors
6:30 Carolina Wildcats AT Carolina Crusaders JV Game
7:00 Greenwood Raptors AT Carolina Gladiators
7:30 Carolina Crusaders AT Carolina Wildcats
8:00 Greenwood Raptors AT Carolina Wildcats JV Game
I hope that you all are having a wonderful summer and enjoying time off from school. Your Crusader Coaches wanted to reach out and remind you of a minor schedule change.
Beginning this Tuesday June 6th, the Crusaders will be holding an additional OTA Practice from 6 PM to 7:30 PM at the Rock Hill Outdoor Center Greens. This is the same field where we hold our Saturday OTA.
This is an optional practice, but it is also an opportunity. An opportunity to get ahead of the competition, to better yourself, or even to fellowship with your teammates. For those of you who have a difficult time with making it to practice on the weekends, this is a chance for you to get involved in what we are doing.
Lastly, we have seen several players since the Combine out at OTA’s and we appreciate the effort, however, we have also missed many of you. Let’s see if we can use this additional practice as a chance to catch up and work toward another successful season.
Rock Hill | May 6th | RHOC Greens at Riverwalk
Player Sign-In 9:30 AM | Event 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
The Carolina Crusaders Football and Cheer Teams are hosting a free Player Development Camp at the RHOC Greens (Rock Hill Outdoor Center) at the Riverwalk , South Carolina on May 6th. Join us for an afternoon of competition, individual drills and 1 on 1 coaching. The camp will run from 9:30am till 1:00pm. Training will consist of the following activities and more! Directions listed below.
Football Player Events:
- Short Shuttle
- 40 Yard Dash
- Vertical Jump
- 3-Cone Drill
- Standing Broad Jump
- Crusaders Cheer Clinic
- What is expected of a Crusader Cheerleader
- Work out routine Introduction.
- Introduction to basic stunting and tumbling.
- Introduction to our basic chants & cheers
- We will also introduce our halftime routines that have already been choreographed for this season.
- Open Registration
- Informational Meeting
- Question & answer session
Players: Come ready to practice in gym shorts, t-shirt, football cleats and water.
Parents: Open registration for the Carolina Crusaders Football & Cheer Teams will be available for the 2017 season.
Volunteers: Parents & Former Player are need to help with this event. If you are willing to help out please check the volunteer box below with your registration.*Parents please plan on attending as you will need to sign a release waiver in order to participate. Waivers will be available on the day of the event. Please arrive by 9:30 to fill out a waiver form.
Directions: Take I-77 S to US-21 N/Cherry Rd in Rock Hill. Take exit 82 B-A, 82 C from I-77 S. Continue on US-21 N/Cherry Rd. Go approximately 1.1 miles and turn right at the stop light onto Riverwalk Parkway, which is the first stop light after the Home Depot/PetSmart intersection. Go to the traffic circle beyond the Giordana Velodrome (on the right) and take the second turn out of the traffic circle, continuing on Riverwalk Parkway. Turn left on Herrons Ferry Rd. The park will be on your right hand side.
Saturday November 5th 2016
2016 JV Championship Game
Crusaders vs Cavaliers – 4:00 PM Kickoff
2016 Varsity Championship Game
Crusaders vs Cavaliers – 6:00 PM Kickoff
Eastside High School – 1300 Brushy Creek Rd
Taylors, SC 29687
Saturday October 29th – Anderson, SC
101 S Fant Street Anderson Sc
Varsity Players arrive by 9:45 AM (ready to warm up at 10:00 AM)
(3) Crusader Varsity vs (2) Cabarrus Kickoff – 11:00 AM
JV Players arrive by 12:15 PM (ready to warm up at 12:30 PM)
(2) Crusader JV vs. (3) Tennessee JV Kickoff – 1:30 PM
The top seed for varsity gets to host the playoffs each season. Anderson placed 1st so they are hosting all 4 playoff games. Games times were determined by field availability and approved by the PFL board of directors.
For all away games this season parents are required to provide transportation for their athlete to and from games. We do not have a team bus but do provide carpooling options if needed. The drive time from Rock Hill, SC to Anderson is about 2 hours. Carpooling will be available for those players that are unable to get a ride to the games. Please contact the coaches at practice this week if your child needs a ride to the games.